Download the 2019 Exihibition Entry Form
Conditions of Entry
- Fees: one piece, $20, two pieces, $40, three pieces $50
- Wood Inc members who help set up/do a roster etc. receive a price discount of $20
- Items entered ‘Not For Sale’ incur an additional fee of $5
- Entries close Friday December 7th 2019
- Exhibits should be delivered to the Exhibition Centre on Friday December 6 if possible but by arrangement until December 10, 2019
- Please label and pack entries carefully and include name of exhibitor
- No item is to be removed from the exhibition until after Monday 28th January, 2019
- Items for exhibition must have been made by the entrant —no duplicates from previous shows. This ensures a fresh show
- Business cards can be displayed
- The judges decision on entry standards and awarding of prizes is final
- Items must have a minimum of 75% Australian timbers. The balance can be media other than wood. Timbers from the “Not Accepted” list can only be used in the recycled category and some form of credible evidence of recycling/recovery must be provided
- Collaborative works between exhibitors are accepted if this is noted on the entry form
- Entries must have some original content
- A commission of 30% will apply to all sales
- All items will be displayed at the discretion of the exhibition committee. The committee reserves the right to amend the conditions of entry and to photograph exhibits
- The organisers will make every effort to ensure that all works are handled with care, however no responsibility will be taken for stolen works or accidental damage. Concerned exhibitors may like to arrange their own insurance
- If appropriate, please provide details of how the entry qualifies for the Reuse, Reduce, Recycle award for the judges’ information and for publication in the catalogue
- Reuse, Reduce, Recycle is only for woods that have been reclaimed and have evidence of the reclamation. The Reuse, Reduce, Recycle section of the entry form must be filled in.
EXPLANATORY NOTES & JUDGING CRITERIA GUIDELINES
- The work should have some original content.
- High standard of execution.
- Aesthetically pleasing.
- Technically correct, accurate joints, etc.
- Fulfill its intended function.
- Sculpture can be turned, carved, constructed, etc.—it’s open to your imagination.
- The sustainability of the supply of the timbers used is important.
- Timbers on the ‘Not Accepted’ list will not be accepted unless they are only used as veneers or as marquetry and intarsia – see website for list.
- Most marketable design: judges are looking for production line pieces of a commercial nature.
- Reuse-Reduce-Recycle is for recycked, re-purposed timbers only. Concise information (including photos if possible) regarding the history of the wood is necessary. This award highlights the elegant way in which wood ages. Old wood can be reworked as it is, or it can be cut down to produce a clean new surface.
- Judge’s decisions obviously reflect their personal tastes. This is why we try to source different judges from year to year.
- If you are entering more than one piece, consider entering an exceptional piece that will attract the judges’ eyes as well as a very saleable item which will attract further orders.
Many thanks to our sponsors:
- East Gippsland Shire Council
- Snowy River Cycling
- Sailors Grave Brewery
- Orbost Historical Society
- Chooky's Roost
- Marlo Hotel
- Voss Motors
- Orbost Club Hotel
- Bells Concrete and Garden Centre
- Cabbage Tree Creek Bushware Cafe
- J&D Hardware
- Friends of Orbost Op Shop
Judging Panel: TBA
Our shop in the entry foyer will be in operation throughout the exhibition. We welcome arts and crafts from local carafts people and fine woodwork from anywhere in Australia.
The gallery takes a 30% commission on all sales. For enquiries please call 0449734587 or 51542634.